Hi, sorry to interrupt you all from you usual angsty quotes, and pictures of coffee or food but in case none of you were aware, there is soon going to be a genocide happening in the Kurdish town of Kobane in Syria. The town is being targeted by ISIS.The Peshmerga and YPG/YPJ…
That’s why Turkey hosts all refugees from Kobane right?! You are ridiculus. TURKEY DOES NOT FUND ISIS.
~ خالد الفيصل ..
Life without you is a myth ..
A song without a tune ..
You are life ..
You are passion ..
You are sorrow ..
You are my tribe and my homeland ..
You are my family ..
Don’t leave ..
"It has rained for five days
the world is
a round puddle
of sunless water
where small islands
are only beginning to cope
a young boy
in my garden
is bailing out water
from his flower patch
when I ask him why
he tells me
young seeds that have not seen sun
and drown easily"
Audre Lorde, Coping
(Kaynak: hyperthropy, daughterofdiaspora gönderdi)
"1. push yourself to get up before the rest of the world - start with 7am, then 6am, then 5:30am. go to the nearest hill with a big coat and a scarf and watch the sun rise.
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
4. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
5. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
6. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
7. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
8. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
9. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
10. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
11. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
13. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
14. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
15. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you."
A self care list. I’ve been working on this. I promise it’s worth it.
(Kaynak: emma-elsworthy, asomebodysomeday gönderdi)
Benim içim hala buruk… Özleyecekmişiz gibi geliyor (gelmiyor, özleyeceğiz) 😔
I’m a cup of tea,
And she’s a piece of sugar.
Nobody melts her but me,
And I don’t get sweeter unless by my piece of sugar.